Quick and easy dinner that will impress family and guests, this shrimp scampi recipe has a perfect blend of garlic and lemon flavors. Serve with some good bread and a side salad.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, about 4 cloves
- 1 pound large shrimp, about 16 shrimp, peeled and
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
You'll also love
- Sautéed Asparagus with Bacon 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Potatoes for a Crowd 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 4.5/5 (136 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Top-Rated Mac... 4.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (141 Votes)