Are you ready for the easiest recipe of your life? Seriously this stuff is incredible! Not only is it unbelievably quick and easy to make but it this stuff melts in your mouth! You get the salty, the crunchy, the sweet, the decadent chocolate and then of course your choice of topping.
- 40 saltine crackers (I recommend using Nabisco Saltines with Sea Salt)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips, whichever you prefer, milk, semi or bittersweet. I used half milk chocolate half semi-sweet.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted nuts of choice - pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, Hazelnuts, optional
- Sprinkles (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Align crackers side by side in a single layer along baking sheet, set aside.
In a medium saucepan combined butter and brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once it reaches a boil stop stirring and allow to boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla bean paste then immediately and carefully pour mixture over crackers in an even layer (spread out as needed). Transfer to oven and bake 5 to 6 minutes until bubbly.
Toast the nuts in a skillet over medium heat several minutes until fragrant and toasted, while the crackers are baking.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until melted.
Top with toasted nuts and sprinkles! Enjoy!
You'll also love
- St. Patrick's Day Green Velvet... 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Perfect Fat Flush & Detox 4.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4/5 (205 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.8/5 (484 Votes)