Bread Dressing with Dried Apricots, Pistachios & Mint
A twist on bread dressing with sweet dried apricots, crunch pistachios and a little fresh mint. Perfect side dish for turkey, chicken or pork.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 cups (packed) 3/4-inch cubes crustless country-style white bread, from one 1-pound loaf
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots, about 4 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, about 2 ounces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
Melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
Mix in bread cubes, pomegranate seeds, apricots, pistachios, mint, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Add broth and toss to blend.
Transfer to prepared dish. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake dressing uncovered until heated through and browned on top, about 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lois' Escalloped Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot and Chicken Bruschetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey & Apricot Meat Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)