√ Pennsylvania Red Cabbage
For a quick and easy side dish, I highly recommend this delicious Pennsylvania Red Cabbage recipe.
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cubed unpared apples (1 Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar(1/3) and Nakano Seasoned White Vinegar (2/3)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup water
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat drippings in skillet, add remaining ingredients and 1/4 cup water. Cook covered over low heat, stir occasionally. For crisp cabbage cook 15 minutes, for tender cabbage 25 to 30 min.