Coconut Lime Bread
Different Easter/spring dessert. A bit of work but delicious. I topped with Cool Whip flavored with a True Citrus lime packet.
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c coconut milk, or milk
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- 1 c flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 c lime marmalade, melted in microwave
- 1 T lime marmalade, melted
- 1/4 chip or flaked coconut, toasted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 350 and grease sides and bottom of a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, beat egg with fork and add milk and melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until moistened; batter should be lumpy. Fold in 1 cup toasted coconut.
Spoon 1/3 of batter into prepared pan; spoon 1/2 the 3/4 marmalade over batter and repeat, ending with batter. Swirl the marmalade through the bread with a spatula or table knife.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, then remove bread and cool completely on rack. Wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temp overnight before slicing.
Top with remaining marmalade and coconut before serving or see above.
You'll also love
- Green Bean Salad with Garbanzos 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Manwich Shredded Beef... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grains - Brown Rice w/Lemon,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy BlueberryAngel Food Dessert 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sesame Lemon Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut chicken fingers with sweet... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Larabars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Indian Spiced Chicken with Lime &... 5/5 (1 Votes)