Mango-Lime Icebox Pie
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated lime rind (optional)
Prepare and bake Piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To prepare filling, combine nectar and next 5 ingredients (nectar through eggs) in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; stir in butter and 2 teaspoons rind. Spoon mango mixture into a bowl; place bowl in a large ice-filled bowl for 10 minutes or until mango mixture comes to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from ice; spoon mango mixture into prepared crust. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm.
To prepare meringue, place egg whites and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238°. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over filling; garnish with rind, if desired.
You'll also love
- Round Steak and Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Ground Turkey & Stuffing Roll-Up 5/5 (1 Votes)
- HOMEMADE POTATO SOUP WITH... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemonade from Cook's Illustrated 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Elegant Holiday Dinner Menu: ... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Halibut with Lemon Butter... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Scones 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Kale Salad with Mango and Coconut 4/5 (9 Votes)