Lime Chess Pie
Sweet, tart and citrusy, this lime chess pie delivers on flavors! Perfect for a hot summer day, or any time you're ready for some lime pie!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from pauladeenmagazine.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Roll into a 12 inch circle. Press into a 9 inch pie plate; crimp edges, if desired. Line crust with parchment paper; place pie weights over parchment. Bake for 6 minutes. Cool; remove pie weights and parchment paper.
Reduce oven temperature to 350.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornmeal, flour, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter, lime zest, lime juice, and buttermilk until smooth. Add to sugar mixture; whisking to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center of pie is set, covering with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Garnish with confectioners' sugar and lime slices, if desired. Store pie, covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Apple juice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage and Summer Squash 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Wheat Belly Walnut Raisin Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- MYO Lemon Meringue Pies in a Jar 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie (Olivia's) - 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chess Pie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chess Pie 4.2/5 (23 Votes)