Summer Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
- ◾4 teaspoons Iodized Salt, divided
- ◾2 limes, freshly squeezed, divided
- ◾2 11-ounce cans Mandarin Oranges, drained, juice reserved
- ◾2 16-ounce packages Jumbo Easy Peel Shrimp, thawed
- ◾1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- ◾1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ◾3/4 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- ◾1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ◾1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- ◾1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ◾1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- ◾1/2 cup diced red onion
- ◾1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- ◾2 avocados
- ◾3 ounces Spring Mix (optional)
- ◾7-8 ounces Entertainment Crackers
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from aldi.us
1.Fill a large pot with water. Add 3 teaspoons salt, juice of 1 lime and the reserved liquid from the mandarin oranges. Bring to a boil.
2.Add the shrimp and poach for 5-8 minutes at a low simmer until the shrimp is cooked through. Drain the liquid, refrigerate the shrimp.
3.In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, vinegar, cumin, pepper, ginger, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the jalapeño, red onion and cilantro.
4.Peel the shrimp, cut in half and add to the vinaigrette.
5.Dice the avocados and add to the shrimp mixture. Serve atop plated spring mix or in individual cups with crackers. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or a whole shrimp on top.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)