Bacon Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
- 1 Ib bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large loaf Italian bread, cubed
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 T milk or cream
- 8 oz package shredded Italian cheese blend (Provolone, Mozzarella & Asiago), or any other cheese
Adapted from thenoblewife.blogspot.com
In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp and crumble. Place bacon in large bowl.
Drain fat from pan but do not wipe pan clean. Saute onion until translucent; transfer to bowl with bacon.
Saute mushrooms until tender; add to bowl with bacon and onions.
Spray a large shallow casserole dish (about 9 x 14) with cooking spray. Add bread cubes.
Mix together bacon, onions, mushrooms, eggs and milk. Pour evenly over bread cubes. Sprinkle with cheese. At this point casserole may be covered and refrigerated.
Preheat oven to 350. Bake casserole for 50 minutes, covered. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes until center is done and cheese is browned.
Makes 8-10 servings.
You'll also love
- Sicilian Pasta Fasul' – Pasta... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Shaped Spice Cake 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- POLISH APPLE PANCAKES 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Loca's Pork Green Chile 4/5 (5 Votes)
- One Skillet Sausage & White Bean... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Pineapple Pork Roast 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Sautéed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)