Cream Cheese Enchiladas
These creamy baked chicken enchiladas are a little spicy as written. Add or remove seasonings to suit your particular taste. They're so good!
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups prepared salsa, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup pepper-jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cassiecraves.blogspot.com
Preheat oven 325°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream, cream cheese and sour cream; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup of each type of cheese.
In a separate bowl, toss the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and half of the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and mix well.
Spread 1/2 cup salsa in the bottom of a baking dish. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup filling on a tortilla, roll up and put in dish seam side down. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
Pour remaining salsa over enchiladas and spread evenly to coat them all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Transfer to preheated oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining sliced scallions and serve warm.
You'll also love
- The Best Potato Soup Recipe Ever 4.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.8/5 (621 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Brunch Cup 4.5/5 (179 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 4.1/5 (259 Votes)
- Campbell's® Cheesy Chicken and... 3.8/5 (327 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Casserole 4.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Taco Casserole 4.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Easy Taco Casserole 4.1/5 (129 Votes)
Review this recipe