A great and simple way to enjoy the flavors of a taco, without any taco shells, this Taco Casserole recipe is sure to be a family favorite if it isn't already. Enjoy!
- 2 ounces tortilla chips, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, or olive oil and red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, optional
- sliced olives, optional
- sliced avocado or guacamole, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from healthy-delicious.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft. Add meat and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a spatula, for about 5 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens.
Line the bottom of a large baking dish with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese. Add sliced jalepenos or other toppings that you want to be cooked. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey. Scoop up with additional chips if desired.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.3/5 (152 Votes)
- Easy Baked Cheese Balls 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- 3 Envelope Roast 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed... 4/5 (162 Votes)
- Mushroom Asiago Chicken 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole 4.3/5 (145 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 3.8/5 (184 Votes)