Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
This BBQ Chicken is cooked quickly in the pressure cooker and then gets crispy skin with barbecue glaze under the broiler to finish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken, quartered, with skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a 5-7 quart pressure cooker, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften about 2 minutes. Stir in the barbeque sauce and water. Add the chicken, leg quarters first, then the breasts, meaty sides up.
Lock the lid in place. Bring to high pressure over high heat. Adjust the heat to maintain pressure. Cook for 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure and open lid. Transfer the chicken to an oiled broiler rack. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and set aside.
Position the broiler pan 6 inches from the source of the heat and preheat broiler. Meanwhile, bring the cooking liquid in the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook uncovered, stirring often to avoid scorching until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
Brush the chicken with the sauce. Broil until glazed, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, brush with additional sauce, and broil until the other side is glazed. Serve hot, with the additional sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Make-Ahead Brunch Cup 4.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Chili's... 3.8/5 (327 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Teriyaki 3.8/5 (353 Votes)
- Tortilla Chicken Casserole 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger... 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Chicken in White Wine 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Chicken, Whole - Instant Pot 4.3/5 (80 Votes)