Healthy Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich
chicken salad sandwich with nonfat Greek yogurt, dried cranberries, almonds and apples!
- 6 6
- approx. 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 , 6-ounce tub plain, nonfat Greek yogurt (see hints below)
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 medium stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup whole roasted almonds, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium large apple, diced
- whole grain bread as needed
- sprouts as needed (optional)
- Or make a salad with a wrap instead!
Gently poach the chicken breasts in 1 - 2 inches of chicken stock (or water) in a pan on the stovetop with a lid on top.
Stay with that and adjust the heat so it is just simmering along and then, once the chicken breasts are cooked through, take them out of the pan and cool them down completely in the fridge. If you're using chicken stock, chill that separately in the fridge and use it for another purpose.
While you are cooking and cooling the chicken, combine one 6-ounce tub of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt with 1 Tbs curry powder and mix it up.
Don't dice the apple until just before assembling the salad but you can go ahead and finely dice one stalk of celery and rough chop about 1/4 cup whole roasted almonds.
Once the cooked chicken has cooled down completely, dice the apple and the chicken. Add those to a mixing bowl with the celery and almonds. Add about 1/4 cup dried cranberries and then add as much of the curried yogurt as you need to give it a good chicken salad consistency. (You may use all of it)
Serve it up on whole grain bread with some optional sprouts if you like.
Use any leftover cooked chicken instead of cooking raw chicken.
It's not as healthy, but you can use half yogurt and half light mayonnaise to make the curry dressing for a more familiar tasting sandwich.
You'll also love
- Zesty Chicken & Orzo Skillet 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Corned Beef Cabbage with a Tangy... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Quick, Easy, Yummy Chicken 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Asian Sweet Chili Sesame Chicken 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Air Fryer Chicken & Noodles 3.9/5 (41 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hawaiian Macadamia Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)