Honey Balsamic Chicken Strips
Honey Balsamic Chicken begins with chicken breasts cut into strips for a tasty marinade. The smaller pieces of chicken cook quickly for an easy meal.
- 2 medium (1.5 lbs) chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 60mins
Slice the chicken breasts on a diagonal into six strips each. Place the strips in a quart sized zip top bag along with ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar, one clove of garlic (minced), 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients in the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
When you are ready to cook, heat the second tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, cook the strips until browned on both sides (about 2-3 minutes each side). You may have to do two batches. Place the cooked chicken on a clean plate.
Turn the heat down on the skillet to medium-low and add the butter and last 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the skillet. Use a spoon to stir the mixture and dissolve the sticky bits off of the bottom of the skillet. Once the mixture has dissolved together, add the honey, increase the heat, and allow the sauce to simmer until thickened (about five minutes).
Once the sauce has thickened, season to taste with salt and pepper (I just used a pinch of each). Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss to coat in the warm balsamic sauce. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- 3-Ingredient Simply Great Chicken 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
- Better Than Alice’s Chicken 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Thighs with Sweet &... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Honey Orange Baked Chicken 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)