One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
This One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies couldn’t get any easier! This is a a 20 minute meal that is sure to please! The flavor is spot on delicious and it has just enough versatility going on to keep things interesting. And the flavor? With the word balsamic in the title you know it’s got to be good right? It is so good! Who knew a dinner that was so easy could taste so incredible?
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed of tough ends, chopped into 2-inch pieces (look for thinner stalks. Green beans are another good option)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 23mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
In a mixing bowl whisk together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes, set aside.
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place chicken evenly in skillet. Cook about 6 - 7 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking, until chicken has cooked through (meanwhile, chop asparagus and tomatoes).
Add half the dressing mixture to skillet and rotate chicken to evenly coat. Transfer chicken to a large plate or a serving platter while leaving sauce in skillet. Add asparagus and carrots to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer veggies to plate or platter with chicken.
Add remaining dressing mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes to chicken and veggies and drizzle dressing mixture in pan over top (or return chicken and veggies to pan and toss to coat).