Better Than Alice’s Chicken
Chicken, bacon and mushrooms....yum! Try this recipe it is easy to make and definitely will satisfy your appetite .
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar or Colby jack cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. When it’s nice and crispy remove it from the skillet and put it onto a paper towel lined plate. Keep 2 tablespoons of the grease in the skillet but discard the rest.
Combine all the spices in a small bowl then season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture.
Increase heat on the skillet to medium high. Cook chicken in the reserved grease until cooked through, which will take roughly 5 to 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Remove chicken from the pan, put it onto a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
In same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes then remove them from the pan.
Place chicken back in skillet and top with mushrooms, bacon (2 strips per), salsa and cheese. Reduce heat to low and cover the skillet. Allow everything to melt together for about 2 to 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Chicken and Pasta with Scampi Sauce 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Taquito 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken - Instant Pot 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Chicken Portuguese Style 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
Review this recipe