Olallieberry Dutch Baby
A quick batter of flour, milk, eggs and vanilla is poured over Summer Olallieberries (or any berry) and baked at high heat. The pancake puffs up to a beautiful golden brown. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and powdered sugar— and you have a delicious and very quick breakfast dish!
- 1 pint olallieberries, substitute with blackberries, raspberries or berries of your choice
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, can substitute with 1% or 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 450°F and place rack in center of oven.
Taste the berries for tartness. Add sugar, to taste, until the level of sweetness that you desire is achieved. (I use about 1 generous tablespoon). Allow the berries to macerate for just a few minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour and vanilla until smooth.
Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spread the berries, in the pan, and allow to cook for 1 minute or two, and remove from heat.
Evenly pour the batter over the berries, and bake for 15 minutes or until mixture puffs up and turns golden brown around edges.
Remove from oven and cut into four wedges. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- ROASTED GARLIC CAULIFLOWER 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Salsa Stewed Beef and Rice -... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Rösti - German (or Swiss) Hash... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Rosé-Glazed Strawberry Tart 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- White Chocolate Blueberry... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Candy Cane Cheese Danish 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Best Buttermilk Griddle Cakes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)