Salsa Stewed Beef and Rice - Pressure Cooker
Looking for a quick and easy dinner to prepare? Try this delicious pressure cooked Salsa Stewed Beef and Rice. It's an all in one meal the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounce) chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) seasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
With the cooker's lid off, heat oil on high or "brown" until sizzling.
Place ground beef, onion, chili powder, and salt in the cooker, and cook until ground beef is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
Add the water, rice, and salsa and securely lock the pressure cooker's lid. Set the pressure cooker for 8 minutes on HIGH.
Perform a quick release to release the cooker's pressure. Set cooker to High or "brown".
Stir black beans, corn and cilantro into mixture and cook 3-4 minutes, just until corn is heated throughout.
Top with shredded cheese and serve. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Apple Butter Pecan Dump Cake 3.9/5 (88 Votes)
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Pizza 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mushroom & Swiss Burgers 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe