Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinagirette
- 8 ounces baby spinach, washed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces red onion (1 small), very thinly sliced
Adapted from tideandthyme.com
Place the eggs into a small saucepan, cover with water, and place over medium-high heat with the lid on. Bring to boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and let sit covered for 12 minutes. Drain, cool, and peel the eggs. Slice egg and set aside.
While the eggs are cooking, fry the bacon and remove to a paper towel to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the rendered fat. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
Transfer the fat to a small saucepan set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, sugar and Dijon mustard. Season with a small pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper.
Add the mushrooms and the sliced onion to the spinach and toss. Add the dressing and bacon and toss to combine. Divide the spinach between 4 plates or bowls and evenly divide the egg among them. Season with pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Patriotic Berry Trifle 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken... 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Garlic-Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Chicken, Artichoke Heart & Spinach... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Spinach Enchiladas with Cilantro... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Italian Breaded Pork Chops 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (59 Votes)