Sausage Cheese Bread Roll
This sounds like my kind of breakfast. Meaty, spicy, covered with bread. Yep, it's me.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean Sage is our favorite)
- 8 to 10 ounces cheese, shredded (we typically use cheddar, but anything is good)
- 2 eggs (raw, used as a binder for other ingredients)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from greeneggblog.com
Roll dough into approximately 12 x 15-inch rectangle.
Cook the sausage and mix it with the eggs and shredded cheese. Spread the mixture on top of the bread dough. Roll up the dough like a jelly roll and place into a greased or Spam sprayed bundt pan. Let rise in a warm area until it gets puffy (about an hour).
Cook on platesetter (feet down) at about 375°F dome temperature. Place bundt pan on platesetter and cook until top is golden brown (usually about 35 to 45 minutes). Invert bundt pan onto cutting surface and then brush butter on all sides of bread roll. Slice and enjoy.
We quite often do the preparation and assembly the night before and leave in the bundt pan in the fridge, covered with a wet towel to keep dough from drying. The next morning take the bundt pan out of the fridge before starting. By the time the oven is ready and stabilized the dough has warmed up and risen some.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Dumpling Casserole 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Farm-Fresh Corn Salad 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- School Soup 4.3/5 (91 Votes)
- Banana Pancakes 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew 4.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage W/ Sausage 4.5/5 (53 Votes)