Blueberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt
Yum, Yum Yummy! Soft and moist blueberry muffins made with Greek yogurt.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, do not defrost or thaw)
Adapted from foodgawker.com
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
line a muffin tin with 9 or 10 paper liners or spray a standard muffin tin generously with a nonstick spray.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the egg until it is fully incorporated. Then add the yogurt and lemon zest.
In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add half the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients into batter and beat until the flour disappears - do not over mix.
Turn off the mixer and gently fold in your blueberries by hand using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. The batter will be very thick and resemble cookie dough.
Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared muffin tins or liners and fill them about 3/4 full. If you have an ice cream scoop, it would be helpful to use here.
Bake in your preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool before devouring.
Muffins will store in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. They can also be stored in the freezer for several weeks and reheated as desired.
You'll also love
- OVEN ROASTED RED POTATOES WITH... 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Ultimate Stuffed Mushroom 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- BANANA BREAD 4.4/5 (64 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Avocado, Bacon & Tomato Summer... 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Southern Fried Salmon Patties 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey & Brie Sandwich... 4.7/5 (39 Votes)