Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake
Coffee cake + blue berries + cream cheese = An absolute delightful morning or anytime treat! Serve warm or cooled, either way works!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespopons butter, softened and divided
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
Adapted from www2.gooseberrypatch.com
Beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at time, beating after each addition.
Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir well. Combine milk and water; stir well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries and cream cheese.
Pour batter into a greased 9”x9” baking pan. Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons butter, stir well with a fork. Sprinkle mixture over batter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or let cool completely on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Oreo Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Creamy Rice Pudding 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Stuffed Baked Tomatoes 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pound Cake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with... 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Copycat Amy's Lentil Soup 4/5 (97 Votes)
- Lemon Gelato 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Lavender Lemonade with Honey 4.4/5 (50 Votes)