Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread = slow cooker
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
Adapted from bhg.com
In a medium bowl stir together pumpkin, half-and-half, and brown sugar; set aside.
In large bowl stir together the 2 cups flour, the baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in cold butter until pieces are pea-size. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined. In small bowl combine blueberries and 1 tablespoon flour; toss until berries are coated. Fold berries into flour mixture.
Spoon mixture into slow cooker. Pour maple syrup and the 2 tablespoons melted butter over mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
Cover and cook on high for 2 - 2-1/2 hours. Turn off cooker. Remove lid so condensation does not drip onto bread. Cover opening of slow cooker completely with paper towels; place lid on top. Cool for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve bread warm from cooker.
You'll also love
- Homemade Cheesy Potatoes 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn PRINT 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Jicama-and-Citrus Salad 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cherry Berry Ginger Smoothie Recipe 4.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Crusty Parmesan Herb Zucchini Bites 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Polenta With... 5/5 (6 Votes)