Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with Roasted Pepper Chive Aioli
These Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with Roasted Pepper Chive Aioli will be awesome for your next party. They'll disappear fast so make plenty!
- 12 ounces shelled cooked crab
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups panko or fine dried bread crumbs
- Fresh chives, rinsed and cut into 1-inch lengths
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell.
In a large bowl, combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and hot sauce; mix well with a fork. Add crab and 1/4 cup panko; stir gently just to mix.
Put remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow bowl. Shape crab mixture into 24 cakes, each about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Turn each cake in panko to coat on all sides, pressing gently to make crumbs adhere. Place cakes slightly apart in an oiled 12- X 17-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 475°F regular or convection oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Spoon a dollop of Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli onto each cake. Garnish platter with fresh chives. Serve hot.
Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chopped drained canned roasted red peppers, 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Makes about 1/2 cup.
You'll also love
- Copycat Amy's Lentil Soup 3.9/5 (166 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Roast & Pinto... 3.8/5 (230 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios® Snack Mix 4.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Crusty Parmesan Herb Zucchini Bites 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Gooey Good Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Salmon with Yukon Gold Hash Browns 5/5 (5 Votes)