Forty Clove Garlic Chicken
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 celery ribs, cut in 4-inch strips
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- grated nutmeg
- 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled
Put the oil in a shallow dish and add the chicken pieces, turning to coat them evenly with oil.
Preheat oven to 375.
In a heavy 6 qt. casserole, combine the celery, onions, parsley, and tarragon. Lay the oiled chicken pieces on top. Pour on the vermouth or wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a dash of nutmeg.
Tuck the garlic cloves in and around the chicken pieces. Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil, then the lid.
Bake 90 minutes without removing the lid.
Serve chicken, pan juices and garlic cloves with french bread.
Diners should squeeze the buds of garlic from their husks onto the bread, then spread the garlic like butter.
You'll also love
- Chicken Pie with Puff Pastry 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Vietnamese Clay Pot Chicken 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Grandma's Southern-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cake 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Crispy Onion-Crusted Chicken 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)