Chicken Pie with Puff Pastry
1 tablespoon oil
400g skinless chicken breast or thigh fillets, chopped into bite-sized
100g shortcut bacon, finely diced
1 medium leek, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup (20g) grated tasty cheese
1-2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
2-3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400 g skinless chicken breast or thigh fillets, chopped into bite-sized
- 100 g shortcut bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium leek, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (20g) grated tasty cheese
- 1-2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
Heat oil in heavy based saucepan or frying pan over medium-high heat.
Cook chicken, stirring for a few minutes, until lightly browned and almost
cooked through. If necessary, cook the chicken in a couple of batches to
avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove chicken from saucepan and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add bacon, leek and garlic to saucepan and
cook, stirring, until leek has softened and bacon is cooked. Set mixture
aside with chicken.
Add butter to saucepan and allow to melt. Add flour and cook,
stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, wine and cream, stirring continuously.
Increase heat and bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for two
minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Return chicken, bacon, leek and garlic to saucepan. Add cheese and
stir to combine. Refrigerate mixture until it is room temperature or cold.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 3 non-stick individual pie
Invert pie tins on puff pastry and cut around tins to form the lids of
the pies. Set lids aside. Line pie tins with shortcrust pastry.
Divide cooled chicken mixture between pastry bases.
Brush edges of pastry with water and cover pies with puff pastry
rounds. Press edges of shortcrust and puff pastry together with a fork.
Cut a small slit in the top of each pie with a sharp knife.
Bake pies for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
To Post a new message:
To Contact List owner:
Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net.
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
You'll also love
- Vietnamese Clay Pot Chicken 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Cream Cheese... 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Grandma's Southern-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cake 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- White Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Chicken Cacciatora 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)