Turkey Sausage, Spinach & Egg Scramble
I am on a mission to eat less starchy carbs and to lose some weight that has snuck up on me over the last year. I need to eat more protein and less "starchy" carbs. I made this quick breakfast dish in 5 minutes, and I was so happy with the flavor, that I decided to photograph it and share it!
* Servings Per Recipe: 2
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 190.9
* Total Fat: 10.9 g
* Cholesterol: 142.1 mg
* Sodium: 579.0 mg
* Total Carbs: 5.9 g
* Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
* Protein: 9.2 g
- 1 Turkey Sausage Link (I used mild)
- 1 fresh egg
- 3 Tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp onion (1/4 fresh onion)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if using Hot sausages)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 cup low-fat milk (non-fat is even better, but I don't buy it)
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- I cup frozen spinach
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Equipment suggested: Non-Stick skillet
Thaw the spinach and drain the liquid (I do this in the microwave and push with a spatula to release liquid)
Remove the sausage from the casing and cook until it is no longer pink.
Add the red pepper flakes. Push to one side of the skillet.
Add 1 tsp of olive oil.
Add the onion and minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the thawed and drained spinach.
Beat the egg and liquid egg white with 1/4 cup low-fat milk and add the Parmesan cheese.
Add some fresh cracked pepper (no salt needed because of the turkey and cheese)
Pour the egg evenly over the mixture and cook on low for a minute or two.
Makes 2 servings.
Number of Servings: 2
You'll also love
- Sugar Plums 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BARBECUED PORK RIBS 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cafe Rio creamy cilantro tomatillo... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken/Broccoli Casserole (with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweetheart Cherry Cheese Danish 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken breasts with artichoke... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bob Evans Cheddar Sausage Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)