Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 2 - 9 oz. pkgs. cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook per pkg. directions. reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Add th3e tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
To serve top with additional cheese and parsley.