Savory Mini Muffins with Goat Cheese, Red Onion & Rosemary
The bit of goat cheese added to the middle of these muffins before baking gives them a lovely creamy center. They're perfect as a side or as an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 small pinch coarse salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Yoplait plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, plus more for garnish, freshly chopped
- 2 ounces softened goat cheese
- 1 spritz cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium high. Add onions and sauté until soft, 4 minutes. Remove from heat to let cool.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and Greek yogurt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold to mix. Do not over mix.
Add the onions and rosemary to the bowl; lightly fold them into the mixture. Evenly spoon the batter into 10 muffin tins. Nestle the goat cheese dollops into the batter.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Peach Pound Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pecan Bars 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Parmesan... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Engagement Chicken 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Zuppa Toscana: Italian Potato... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Banana Walnut Bread 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Moist Pumpkin-Spice Muffins from... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Aunt Peggy's Cucumber, Tomato and... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)