Watermelon Mojito Jell-O Shots
These Watermelon Mojito Jello Shots are soo good! The bottom layer is real watermelon juice with sugar and the top layer is white rum and freshly chopped mint leaves. For a kid friendly version, replace rum with ginger-ale.
- 1/2 small watermelon, makes 1 cup watermelon juice
- 4 packets Knox gelatin
- 1 cup white rum*
- 1 handful mint, freshly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- Replace white rum with ginger-ale for a non alcoholic version
Preparation time 240mins
Cooking time 300mins
In a blender or food processor, puree enough watermelon to get 1 cup of juice. (The water content is so high in watermelon it’s very easy to get that much juice) I used half of a small watermelon. Strain the watermelon puree so you get out all the seeds.
Pour the watermelon juice in a saucepan (no heat yet). Sprinkle on two packets of Knox gelatin. Let it sit for a few minutes then whisk it until it’s combined. Turn on the stove-top to medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until combined.
When simmering add one cup cold water. Pour your watermelon mixture into a 9×13 pan that has been lightly (very lightly) greased. Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or so).
Chop some fresh mint leaves.
Pour 1 cup water into a saucepan (no heat yet) Sprinkle on two packets of Knox gelatin. Let it sit for a few minutes then whisk it until it’s combined. Turn on the stove-top to medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until combined.
When simmering add one cup cold white rum. Add your chopped mint into your rum mixture then pour into your 9×13 pan. Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or so).
With a cookie cutter of choice (I started with a square as you can see, but then decided on the triangle) slowly cut out your jello shots. Press down slowly and make sure you don’t have any mint leaves caught on the cutter when you move on to the next.
You'll also love
- Valentine's Day Cupcakes 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut Gooey Chocolate Crunch Bars 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Crockpot Tortellini Soup 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Low Carb Broccoli with Cheese Sauce 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Milkshake 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- White Peach Sangria 4.3/5 (46 Votes)