Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Dense, cake-like donuts are baked then topped with cream cheese glaze or cinnamon sugar. You don't necessarily need a donut pan, the batter is thick so it can be piped into circles onto a parchment line baking sheet.
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) salted butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING:
- Melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; add the pumpkin, whisked eggs, buttermilk (or milk), and softened butter. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until well combined. (Batter will be thick) Spoon or pipe into a the cups of a donut pan.
Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until donuts spring back when lightly touched. Remove donuts from pan to a wire cooling rack.
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
In a small mixing bowl, beat all the ingredients together until smooth. Dip warm donuts into the glaze, allowing the excess glaze drip back into bowl. Place glazed donuts on the parchment line baking sheet. Allow time for the glaze to set before serving. (These were double dipped in the glaze).
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING:
Brush tops of warm donuts with melted butter (1 at a time) then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
You'll also love
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Tofu Mushroom tiny pies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Turtle Brownies from Ghiradelli... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Bavarian Style Apple Strudel... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pumpkin Sticky Buns with Pecan... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)