Tofu Mushroom tiny pies
- For the tofu and mushroom pies:
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into little cubes
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1 Package puff pastry (you’ll use this for mousse pies also)
- 250 g brown mushrooms, chopped roughly
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 large bunch of both fresh dill and parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup soy cream
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/204°C/gas mark 6. Heat a little oil in a medium to large pan and saute onions on medium heat until softened. Add the tofu and fry until lightly browned. Now add in the mushrooms, garlic and herbs, stir well. Sprinkle over the flour and combine. Now pour in just enough water to cover tofu and mushrooms. Simmer for about 8 -10 minutes so everything thickens up.
In the meantime, roll out your pastry and using a pint glass, cut circles out to place in your muffin or mini pie trays. Cut out extra and leave aside for the tops.