Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu
A lighter version of the classic dish Chicken Cordon Bleu. Try this delicious recipe for chicken breast with ham and Swiss cheese.
- 12 (3-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 slices lean deli ham, cut in half
- 6 slice Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.
You'll also love
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Appetizer Cupcakes 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- German Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Mozzarella, Chicken and Asparagus... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Mama's Chicken Roll Ups 3.9/5 (200 Votes)
- Bacon Guacamole Chicken Bombs 4.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Crispy Parmesan & Onion Crusted... 4.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Monte Christo Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)