Quick & Easy Crispy Cheddar Chicken
This will be an instant classic with your family! Quickly whip this Crispy Cheddar Chicken dish together on a week night, with a side of veggies like asparagus.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Pasta with Scampi Sauce 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream Cake 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Taquito 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Bake 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with... 5/5 (7 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.6/5 (40 Votes)