Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion Meatballs
Onion Bombs look small, but they are jam-packed with flavor and are surprisingly filling. With a meatball inside, sweet onion outside, and it all wrapped in bacon, this recipe hits all the marks as a delicious appetizer or main course.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 medium/large yellow onions
- 1 package of Bacon
- Additional BBQ Sauce for dipping
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crumbs, egg, milk, ½ cup BBQ, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
Cut top and bottom off onion, cut in half, and peel off skin. Then separate the onion into “layers”. Use the larger outside layers.
Stuff your meatball mix between two onion Layers (essentially making an onion seal around a large meatball).
Wrap each “bomb” with 3 slices bacon and secure with toothpicks.
Bake in a dish with sides (to catch grease) at 425°F for approx 40 minutes or until internal temp 165°F.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
You'll also love
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Creme Doughnuts 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Croissant... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Fat Head Pizza 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Potato Slices (Cheesy Bacon... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)