Fat Head Pizza
Fat Head Pizza boasts a low carb crust, and topped with your favorite pizza toppings - including browned sausage! Made with almond flour, cheeses and an egg, you won't miss a traditional pizza crust.
- 1 (1-pound) package Salciccia sausage or Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- garlic salt, to taste
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cheese for pizza or a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- pizza toppings of your choice, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from fathead-movie.com
Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Be careful the mixture will be very hot. Stir in egg and almond flour.
Wet hands and spread dough thinly on the parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency, if your dough is stringy, then your cheese has hardened too much, and you'll need to put it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds.
Poke rows of holes with a fork to avoid bubbling. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Put in a preheated 425°F oven. After about 8 minutes, check it and poke holes where any large bubbles may be.
Continue cooking for a total 12 to 14 minutes, or until slightly brown on top.
Before you begin making your crust, place the sausage on medium-low heat in a cast iron pan. Do not stir too much or you will end up with taco meat consistency. After a few minutes you may need to use a baster to get the excess water and grease out, but not too much. You want fully cooked, dime-sized sausages.
Put the sausage in a separate bowl, keeping the grease to sauté your veggies in.
Add a thin layer of pizza sauce, your desired amount of meats, veggies, cheese, and then sprinkle with oregano and basil. I prefer a lot of mozzarellas and a handful of cheddar.
Pop it back in the oven until the cheeses are melted.
This is a double batch which filled up a cookie sheet and five hungry adults.
You'll also love
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Mango, Strawberry, and Pineapple... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Potato Slices (Cheesy Bacon... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Fried Chicken and White Gravy 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Onion-Crusted Chicken 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Bacon Potato Bake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)