Banana Pudding Cupcakes
Centers of vanilla cupcakes are hollowed out and filled with banana pudding, then topped with whipped cream, and garnished with crushed vanilla wafers, a MINI vanilla wafer, and a banana slice.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes, prepared and cooled
- 1 (4-serving size) box vanilla instant pudding mix, or can use sugar free fat free white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 drop yellow liquid food color
- 1 small banana, diced small
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mini vanilla wafers
- Additional slices of banana for garnish, optional
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 85mins
How I made them:
I prepared Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla cake mix for the cupcakes. When they were cooled completely, I used a thin, sharp knife to hollow out the centers of cupcakes as shown in one of the photos above.
For the pudding filling:
I whisked sugar free / fat free instant white chocolate pudding mix with 1 1/3 cup skim milk (and a drop of yellow liquid food color) then refrigerated.
Meanwhile, with a mixer on high speed, I beat a pint of whipping cream with 6 tablespoons confectioners sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks formed.
Then, I folded a scant one-third of the whipped cream into the chilled pudding, then added the diced bananas to it. (The remaining whipped cream is used for the top.)
I filled the cupcake holes with the banana pudding filling, just to the top of the cupcakes. I then dolloped whipped cream over the top of the filling. I garnished tops of cupcakes first with crushed vanilla wafers then with a single vanilla wafer and a slice of banana.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Pineapple Lemon Cheesecake 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Bites 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Individual Peach Souffle 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Cookies & Cream Trifle 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Bread 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Raisin Bread 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding 4.7/5 (9 Votes)