Banana Bread Brownies
Combine the best of brownies and banana bread with this sweet way to use ripened bananas. The brown butter frosting makes it a real dessert!
- Banana Bread Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (Optional)
- Brown Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
Adapted from empowernetwork.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease and flour 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs until creamy.
Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth. It should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting.
Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars. (Frosting will be easier to spread while bars are still warm).
You'll also love
- Apple Fritter Bread 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Cupcakes 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Warm Lemon Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Sesame Quinoa Spring Rolls 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Halloween Ghosts & Pumpkins 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Famous Amish Funnel Cakes 4.4/5 (46 Votes)