Doritos Taco Salad
Crunchy cheesy Doritos with seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and Catalina dressing makes a wonderfully delicious family meal option for taco night.
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium-large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces (if you’ve never chopped up a head of iceberg before you can follow these directions)
- 1 medium-large tomato, diced
- 4 ounces 50% less fat or 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (such as Cabot)
- 4 ounces nacho cheese Doritos, broken up a bit into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light Catalina or French dressing
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ground beef. When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat.