Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake
This Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake is super light and lemony! Grab yourself a slice for dessert or evening a snack.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan, 2 sticks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- Finely grated zest of 8 lemons, about 1/2 cup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter and flour Bundt pan; set aside.
Whisk baking powder, salt, and 3 cups flour in a medium bowl. Combine sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl; using your fingertips, rub together until lemon sugar is well blended.
Add 1 cup butter to lemon sugar. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until mixture is light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend between additions and occasionally scraping down sides and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula, until mixture is light and very fluffy, about 4 minutes longer.
Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
Bake cake until golden brown and beginning to pull away from sides of pan, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack; remove pan and let cool completely.
DO AHEAD: Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Combine preserves and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until glaze is reduced to 1/2 cup, 6-8 minutes. Strain glaze into a small pitcher or bowl; discard solids in strainer. Pour glaze over cooled cake and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with... 4.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Apple Praline Bread 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Dessert - Peach Cobbler 4.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Roast & Pinto... 3.9/5 (154 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Brownie Butter Cake 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Layer Cake 4.6/5 (35 Votes)