Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie
Delicious peach pie is a perfect summer dessert when peaches are fresh. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 8 large firm ripe peaches, about 4 lb
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 425°F. Bring pie crusts to room temperature to prepare for baking, as directed on box for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie plate.
Peel peaches and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut slices in half. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, flour and salt; add peaches and stir to coat. Immediately spoon peach mixture into crust-lined plate; dot with butter. (Do not make mixture ahead or it will become too juicy.)
Top with second crust and flute. Brush top with egg; sprinkle with 4 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Cut slits in several places. Freeze pie 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 15x10-inch pan in oven 10 minutes. Place pie on hot pan. Bake on lower oven rack 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 40 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 25 minutes longer or until juices are thick and bubbly.
Cool 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Cuban Black Bean Soup From Happy... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Microwaved Corn on the Cob 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Sweet Potato Brownies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Celery Salad with Lemon & Parmesan 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach and Almond Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Peach Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach Pie by Aunt Bee 4.3/5 (3 Votes)