Salsa Chicken Thighs with Rice (Blue Jean Chef)
- 4 to 6 4 to 6 6 large skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1 1 cup basmati rice (basmati is best, but long-grain can be substituted)
- 1 1 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup jarred salsa
- 1/2 1/2 3 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from community.qvc.com
Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
Season the chicken thighs with the salt and chili powder. Add the oil to the cooker and sear the thighs on both sides until well browned. Remove the chicken from the cooker and set aside. Add the onion and peppers and sauté until the onion starts to become tender – about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir well to coat everything with the oil. Season the rice with salt, pour in the chicken stock and return the chicken thighs to the cooker, resting them on top of the rice. Top each chicken thigh with the salsa and lock the lid in place.
Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Release the pressure using the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the thighs and return the lid to the cooker for another 5 minutes while the chicken rests and cools. Transfer the chicken thighs and rice to a serving platter sprinkle the cilantro on top before serving.
You'll also love
- Baked Garlic Butter Potato Rounds... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Oven Baked Zucchini Chips 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Turkey Taco Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Balsamic Roasted Beef 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Breast with Pancetta Cream... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Golden Chicken Breasts with... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (22 Votes)