Emeril Lagasse's Chicken Marsala
Published: January 28, 2013
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- /2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 2 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake)
- 3/4 cup Marsala
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and Essence and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
My whole life I’ve dreamed of being a mother… aka the perfect homemaker. I pictured myself putting hot meals on the table every night and pulling out fresh, baked cookies for my kiddies after school. Well, besides the few staple recipes I know and the same batch of cookies I bake every week. My kitchen skills need a makeover!!! I’m hoping this blog will inspire me and push me to become a domestic dreamer.
“A chandlier would make any meal taste better”
You'll also love
- Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Chili Con Carne (Chili Beans) 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Braised Chicken Thighs and... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Bagel Pizzas 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken With Warm... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup The Pioneer... 3.7/5 (104 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie - Paula Deen 4.4/5 (33 Votes)