Chicken Parmesan baked ziti
Baked ziti is the perfect meal for when you need something filling without a lot of effort. The whole family can get on board with this cheesy, comforting dish.
- 12 ounces penne ziti, or any pasta shape
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (25-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and return pasta to the stockpot, then add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11x7-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil. Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden on top. Remove and sprinkle immediately with the remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Ice Cream Cake Cones 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Meatballs 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Southern Style Pecan Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Artichoke Bacon Dip 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Louisiana Chicken Pasta 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Overnight Cheesy Chicken & Mac 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Macaroni and Cheese! 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Chicken Spaghetti 4.4/5 (12 Votes)