Chicken & Zucchini Scaloppine
- 4 (5-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-in.-thick planks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 jarred roasted red bell pepper halves
- 3/4 cup jarred sundried tomato pesto
- 4 tsp. chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, and mint)
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Brush both sides of zucchini planks evenly with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle both sides with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Place zucchini slices on grate, and grill, uncovered, until char marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
2. Coat grate with oil. Grill chicken, uncovered, until edges are opaque, about 2 minutes. Turn chicken over, and grill until no longer pink, about 2 more minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
3. Place 1 chicken piece on each of 4 plates, and layer each with 1 roasted red pepper half, 1 tablespoon pesto, 1 chicken piece, and 4 zucchini planks. Top each with 2 tablespoons pesto, and drizzle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with herb mix.
You'll also love
- 21 Day Fix Approved Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pickles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Italian asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RUM MANGO BBQ SAUCE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fiesta Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy spaghetti squash with fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Zucchini Enchilada... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Margherita chicken and zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)