Blueberry Wild Rice Salad
This Blueberry Wild Rice Salad is sure to be a hit at your next potluck. Filled with the sweet and savory flavors of blueberries, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, crunchy pecans, and wild rice, this recipe is quickly going to become one of your favorites.
- 1 (8-ounce) package wild rice blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from Blueberrycouncil.org
Prepare wild rice blend according to package directions; drain well. Remove to mixing bowl; set aside.
In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in blueberries and vinegar; cook five minutes stirring frequently.
Add blueberry mixture to the rice. Add pecans, scallions, mint, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
You'll also love
- Chili-Orange Shrimp with Broccoli... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Peruvian Shrimp 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cherry Summer Kale Salad... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Papaya and Coconut Chicken Salad 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Grand-Mère Oyster Dressing 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Open-face Blueberry Pie 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Dirty Diapers 4/5 (4 Votes)