Colorful Spring Quinoa Bowl
This colorful quinoa salad is packed full of nutrients from the fresh vegetables and the quinoa. Perfect as a side salad, or as a hearty (and healthy) lunch.
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed (makes 4 cups once cooked)
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen works. If frozen, run under warm water & let drain.)
- 2 medium/large tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced with peel left on
- 1 cucumber, diced with peel left on
- 2 - 3 bunches green onion, chopped
- Couple good sprigs of mint, chopped
- Large handful of basil leaves, chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Rinse quinoa and cook in rice cooker, or stove top.
Place diced tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, green onions, mint & basil in large bowl. Rinse corn and add to mixture.
Make dressing by combining all ingredients in small bowl.
Once quinoa is slightly cooled, add to bowl with diced mixture. Pour dressing over top; toss to coat.
Season to taste and enjoy right away, or place in the fridge to continue cooling and enjoy later served cold.