Collard Greens with Lemon, Farro & Feta
Equal parts comforting and refreshing, this lemony, salty, filling salad is the perfect way to eat your greens. Top with grilled chicken for dinner, or eat on its own with a side of Greek yogurt for a satisfying midday snack.
- 1 (12-ounce) bunch collard greens, mustard greens, or Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup semi-pearled farro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Remove and discard thick stems from collard greens. Chop leaves into bite-size pieces (you should have about 8 cups). In a Dutch oven cook collard greens in boiling water about 7 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer greens to a bowl of ice water for 1 minute; drain and set aside.
Stir farro into the boiling water. Cook about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
In the same Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in collard greens, farro, and salt; heat through. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.
Divide greens mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Kombucha Cashew Cheese 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Clean Eating Taco Seasoning 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Lemon-Dijon Chicken Thighs... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Mom's Fried Chicken Gizzards 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Banana Split Fluff Salad 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Rice-A-Roni Salad 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas with Pine... 4/5 (1 Votes)