Rustic Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart
This is a beautiful dessert! The raspberries can be substituted or strawberries or other berries.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/3 cup lemon curd, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, warmed
- Powdered sugar
Adapted from susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com
For the tart: Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Unfold the thawed out puff pastry on a lightly flour dusted area and gently roll into a 10x11 inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to your baking sheet.
Brush edges with a little bit of water and fold over all 4 sides to create a lip. Using a fork, poke holes all over the center of your tart. Gently brush the entire tart with an egg wash and sprinkle about 2 tsp. of sugar over the center. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully with the back of a spoon press the center back down if it has puffed. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
For the filling: In a bowl combine softened cream cheese and sugar. Mix with a hand-mixer or by hand until smooth and the sugar is well incorporated. Add the heavy cream and mix for about 1 minute. Fold in the lemon curd.
To assemble the tart: Carefully spread your lemon cheesecake mixture over the center of your cooled tart crust. Arrange berries decoratively over the curd and drizzle with the warmed jam. Dust the tart with powdered sugar.
Notes: This tart is best made and eaten on the same day. You can prepare the tart along with the cheesecake filling ahead of time. Refrigerate the filling and assemble the tart right before eating.
Other berries would be lovely as well. I bet blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or a combination would also be great!
A Susi's Kochen und Backen Original Recipe
You'll also love
- Crab Imperial 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Stack Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- apple bread pudding with warm... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry Mandarin Creamsicle... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Classic Lobster Rolls With Lemon... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Jell-O Strawberry Cheesecake... 4.2/5 (35 Votes)