Strawberry Basil Sangria
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- 1/2 lb of fresh strawberries
- 1 apple
- 1 ounce of fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 bottle of Cline Cellar's Cool Climate Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup of club soda
- 1 cup of white grape juice
1. Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
2. Slice and dice the apple into very small bits.
3. Score the basil leaves with a fork. I did this instead of cutting the leaves into strips as I did not want my guests choking on basil while trying to enjoy this drink. Simply just rub the basil leaves gently with a fork in order to release their flavor in the sangria.
4. Layer the fruit, sugar and basil in a large pitcher and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is just to let the sugar absorb the juices from the basil and the fruit. You'll see it turn a bit red.
5. Add the club soda first and then the remaining liquids. Stir well and serve.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef: Shephards Pie (Paleo) 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Rustic Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake... 4/5 (68 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Stack Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Jell-O Strawberry Cheesecake... 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
Review this recipe